Cinnamon Buns: 2 Different Fillings
Let's get you excited with these moist baked Chilcotin cinnamon buns with two delicious fillings! There's the yummy raisin filling & the irresistible apple pie filling. Of course, the luscious cream cheese glaze is an instant drool-activator.The whiff of baked delicacies emanating from Woodland Fishin Resort's Bakery makes it a gourmet pit-stop!
- Baking Pan 9 x 13
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup whole milk lukewarm
- 1 large egg beaten
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Raisin Filling
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Apple Filling
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 600 grams or 1 can apple pie filling chopped
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- ½ cup cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp room temperature butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Prepare the Dough
- Firstly, put the flour & sugar in an electric stand mixer bowl (with dough hood attachment). Mix it for 5-10 seconds.
- In a large bowl, prepare the wet mix by combining the lukewarm milk, beaten egg, melted butter, yeast, & salt.
- Set the mixer on low while pouring the liquid mix into the mixer bowl. Once the wet mix starts coming together with the flour & sugar, set the mixer on high and combine for 2 minutes to get a soft, sticky dough.
- Grease a large bowl with oil, place the dough in it, cover with a plastic wrap, and keep in a warm spot for 1½ to 2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Place the risen dough on a flour-dusted counter-top. Knead for 2-3 minutes and then roll out into a rectangular shape (21*14 inches). Then, add the filling of your choice.
- For raisin filling:
- Spread the softened butter all over the rolled-out dough.
- Mix the brown sugar & cinnamon. Sprinkle it on top of the butter to coat evenly.
- Also, sprinkle the raisins and press lightly so that they stick in place.
- For Apple Filling:
- Brush the melted butter all over the rolled-out dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar & cinnamon mix.
- Then, top with the apple pie filling evenly.
- Now, roll it up tightly (length-wise) starting from one end. Then, cut into 12 equal parts.
- Transfer the cinnamon buns into a butter-greased baking pan (9*13 inches). Cover the pan with a plastic wrap and keep aside for 30 minutes to rise. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Remove the plastic cover, and transfer the tray into the preheated oven.
- Bake the raisin-filled cinnamon buns for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.
- Bake the apple-filled cinnamon buns for 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- Prepare the cream cheese glaze right before removing the buns from the oven. Beat the cream cheese along with the butter, milk, & vanilla extract into a creamy consistency. Add in the powdered sugar and beat again until nicely combined.
- Right after removing the baked cinnamon buns from the oven, smother them with the cream cheese glaze. Enjoy!
- NutritionThis recipe makes 12 Raisin-filled Cinnamon Buns, each containing-Calories: 402Protein: 6.84 gFat: 18.88 gCarbohydrate: 51.63 gFibre: 1.6 gSugars: 19.07 gCholesterol: 65 mgSodium: 274 mgEach apple-pie filled cinnamon bun contains-Calories: 400Protein: 6.82 gFat: 13.18 gCarbohydrate: 64.48 g Fibre: 2 gSugars: 25.94 gCholesterol: 50 mgSodium: 297 mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!